Hire an Apprentice

Apprenticeships

An apprenticeship is a real job with training, which allows apprentices to earn while they learn, as well as gaining a nationally recognised qualification. An apprenticeship programme allows for tailored training through a combination of practical work and taught classroom lessons.  Apprenticeship schemes help employers ensure that they get exactly the knowledge, skills and behaviours they need while growing a talented and engaged workforce. Employers taking part value their apprentices because they help them fill the skills gap and succession plan their future workforce.

We deliver apprenticeships across a wide range of employment sectors and levels. We will also work with you to undertake a training needs analysis of your organisation and develop additional bespoke training programmes to meet your needs.

 

Recruiting an Apprentice

We offer a FREE recruitment service to find the right apprentice(s) for your organisation. A member of staff from our dedicated team will be assigned to work with you and establish the priorities for your apprenticeship opportunity. This could include upskilling your existing staff or recruiting new entrants to the organisation.

We work closely with employers to recruit apprentices who meet your specific needs. We establish a relationship whereby we understand the employer’s business and what you are looking for in your potential apprentice. Finding the perfect apprentice for your company is vital. At NCC, we ensure we understand your requirements, the job role and the skills you are looking for.  We carefully initially assess all candidates and send successful candidates for you to interview.

Funding Explained

Firstly, you will need know if you are levy or non-levy paying employer, the apprenticeship levy is paid by employers with an annual wage bill in excess of £3 million. The levy is payable at 0.5% of the total wage bill over £3 Million. Find out more here.

 

Each apprenticeship course has its own funding value, and the funding contribution you will need to make towards the training programme will depend on the size of your organisation and the age of your apprentice. The maximum you will need to contribute is 5% of the funding value, the government will fund the remaining 95%:

 

Delivery

Off the job training

Apprentices are required to spend 20% of their working week on off-the-job training, off-the-job- training is any training that takes the apprentice away from their job to learn their job. Our online system keeps both you and your apprentice fully updated on learning progress. Your assigned assessor will be available to answer questions and provide you with support with every step of the way.

 

Why Choose New City College As Your Apprenticeship Partner?

We have a dedicated team of professionals to work with you every step of the way. We will make sure that any new apprentice meets your business needs and that you and your apprentice get the support you both require. We also deliver English and maths alongside the main apprenticeship training if required.

We can provide training to existing staff to improve and extend their skills and qualifications to meet new and emerging business needs. Employers are seeing apprenticeship training as an opportunity to upskill their staff and equip them with high level qualifications. New City College is one of the country’s largest college groups and we train over 9000 16-18 year olds each year. We have access to a diverse and talented pool of potential recruits to give your business a fresh, new approach.