The 16 to 19 Bursary and Free School Meals Fund aims to provide financial support for economically or socially disadvantaged young people so that they may overcome financial barriers that threaten their participation in education. There are two types of 16 to 19 Bursaries: A Vulnerable Bursary; and a Discretionary Bursary/Free School Meals.
To be eligible for a Bursary/Free School Meals students must:
- Be under 19 years old on 31st August 2020 (Students aged 19 or over are only eligible to receive a Discretionary Bursary if they are continuing on a study programme they began aged 16 to 18 or have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Students aged 19 or over are not eligible for a Vulnerable Bursary).
- Meet the residency criteria.
Successful applicants will receive/be provided with the following:
- Financial support paid directly into the student’s own bank account
- Compulsory course costs will be paid for you
- Free School Meals provided
- Students enrolled on the following courses can get a subsidy towards the cost of: Maths – a calculator and Photography – a camera
How do I apply?
To apply online the student must access the form through the student intranet. The form is only available to the student through their college log in.
Students must go to the student intranet. Click on Student Information & then choose Welfare, Bursary & Childcare. Click on Bursary & choose the NCC 16-19 NCC Bursary & Free College Meal Application Form.
Complete the form, upload the supporting documentation & submit. The student will then be contacted by email to advise the status of their application.
Hard copy forms are available from:
Student Services – Ardleigh Green Campus
Bursary & Reception – Wingletye Lane Campus
If you have any queries about the Bursary please contact/email :
Ardleigh Green & Rainham Campus – 01708 462718 or email email@example.com
Wingletye Lane Campus – 01708 514424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org