A financial advisor helps individuals create strategies for eliminating financial risk and building wealth over the long term. This includes advising clients on the pros and cons of various mortgage options.
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP®) qualifications are highly regarded in the Mortgage Advice sector and demonstrate a mark of excellence for anyone who holds one. By earning these qualifications, it enables you to legally provide financial advice on a range of mortgage products, options and services. In the UK, 80% of Mortgage Advisers are CeMAP® certified; proving that this qualification has become the benchmark to developing a successful career as a professional in this sector.
Mortgages in the UK are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), so it is important to become certified and earn your ‘licence to practice’ before you begin working in this field. Accredited by Ofqual and awarded by the London Institute of Banking & Finance, you’ll be awarded with an RQF Level 3 qualification upon successful completion of your CeMAP® training.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on the CeMAP® Module 1 classroom course. Anyone can sign up; however, it is advantageous for students to have basic maths skills and be proficient in verbal and written English.
CEMAP® COURSE SYLLABUS
Work through 30 hours of quality course materials split across 10 modules to develop a professional understanding of social media marketing.
The CeMAP® Module 1 course consists of 2 units:
- Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products
- UK Financial Services and Regulation
These units will focus on enhancing your knowledge in the following areas:
- Review and understand the Data Protection Act 1998 and the FCA regulations and its conduct of business rule
- Learn about key legal concepts and how they apply to all advice you give to clients
- Understand UK legislation and regulation
- Discover the essential terms and rules of UK taxation and social security systems
- Learn how to handle compensation claims and general complaints
- Understand interest rates volatility and how they will affect customers with a mortgage, such as the fluctuation of interest rates and the impact on affordability and acceptance for mortgages
Delivery: Virtual classroom
Virtual Classroom Costs (Does not Include Exams) £575
CeMAP® certified professionals are individuals who offer financial advice on a range of available mortgage products and services to their clients. Held by over 80% of Mortgage Advisors in the UK, the ‘Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP®) qualification has become the benchmark certification if you wish to pursue a career in the Mortgage Advice sector. The reason for this is because the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates all mortgages in the UK, so earning your “licence to practice” has become a legal requirement.
CeMAP® certifications are an RQF level 3 qualification accredited by Ofqual and awarded by the London Institute of Banking & Finance: making them a highly recognised and respected qualification in the industry. With CeMAP® certifications under your belt, you’ll have numerous career paths to pick from, whether you choose to become self-employed, or work as a professional Mortgage Advisor for a business or bank. Our CeMAP® Module 2 & 3 course will delve deeper into the topics covered in the CeMAP® Module 1 Classroom Course; enabling you to develop your skills and knowledge to a more advanced level.
CeMAP® Module 2 will discuss how the mortgage application process works, mortgage law, as well as teach you the different products available for people to access alongside the various issue’s borrowers could face after completion. CeMAP® Module 3 on the other hand will take everything you learnt from Module 1 and 2 and show you how to practically apply these principles to real-life scenarios.
There are no prerequisites to enrol however we recommend you first complete CeMAP® Module 1 (if you have not already done so) in order to earn a full CeMAP® qualification and legally work as a Mortgage Adviser. It is also beneficial to have good reading and writing skills in English, as well as basic maths skills.
CEMAP® COURSE SYLLABUS
CeMAP® Module 2:
- Policies and practices that affect mortgages
- Mortgage Laws
- Insurance Policies
- Post completion issues and arrears
- Complete sales process in relation to mortgage advising
CeMAP® Module 3:
The assessment of mortgage advice knowledge tests your understanding of the technical details to assess your ability to apply the knowledge covered.
Throughout this training, you will:
- Learn about mortgage law, practise, policy and markets
- Understand the home buying process, mortgage products, rates and valuations
- Discover what factors can affect the value of a property and the implications this may have on buyer
- Learn the importance of planning consent regarding extensions and development
- Understand interest rates, repayment, and insurance options
- Apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios, while building up your confidence
Delivery: Virtual Classroom
Virtual Classroom Costs (Does not Include Exams): £575