Keeping You Safe on Campus
We are committed to providing high standards of education and training in a safe environment for all of our students.
During the Covid pandemic, our aim has been to provide as normal a college experience as possible for staff and students, in line with Government guidance.
Students must not come to college if they are self-isolating, if they have any Covid-19 symptoms or if they test positive. Please email email@example.com to report a positive test result.
Students are encouraged to self-test at home twice a week as this is the best way to keep yourself, friends, family, and staff safe. Self-test lateral flow kits are available from all campus Receptions, Student Services or Security officers, and you can pick test kits up near to your home. To find a location, click here.
Further to new Government guidance, we have revised our policy on face coverings on campus.
From Monday 17 May 2021:
All students, staff and visitors should have a mask at college and wear it when asked to do so (unless they are exempt).
- Students We no longer expect masks to be always worn by students in classrooms or around college. However if your teacher or another staff member asks you to wear a mask/face covering you must do so.
- Staff We recommend that staff wear face coverings where social distancing is not possible (for example, when moving around in corridors and stairwells). This is your personal choice.
- Visitors Any visitors to the college must wear masks at all times at college.
This guidance is subject to monitoring and review.
Your safety is our priority
We have put extra safety measures in place and ask that students read and understand the following:
- Frequent hand washing is essential to minimise the risk of infection
- Anti-bacterial spray, wipes and gel are widely available across all our campuses for students and staff to use
- All students and staff should take home tests from college to test themselves twice a week
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms you should not attend college and should follow the usual absence reporting procedures
- Make sure you know how to access your college email account from outside college. If we need to make any changes, or temporarily close a campus or part of a campus for any reason, we will let all staff and students know through their college email account and on the alert banner at the top of the home page on this website
- Our current Covid Secure Risk Assessment below