Keeping You Safe on Campus
We are committed to providing high standards of education and training in a safe environment for all of our students.
During the Covid pandemic, our aim has been to provide as normal a college experience as possible for staff and students, in line with Government guidance.
Students must not come to college if they are self-isolating, if they have any Covid-19 symptoms or if they test positive. Please email email@example.com to report a positive test result.
Students are encouraged to self-test at home twice a week as this is the best way to keep themselves, friends, family, and staff safe. Self-test lateral flow kits are available from all campus Receptions, Student Services, or Security officers, and you can pick test kits up near your home. To find a location, click here.
Further to new Government guidance, we have revised our policy
We no longer require staff, students, or visitors to wear face coverings on campus. Individuals may wear face coverings out of personal choice.
Further to new national guidance from 16 August 2021, people up to the age of 18 and adults who are fully vaccinated do not need to self-isolate if they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. This is even in the case of them being contacted by Test and Trace. However, PCR testing and other precautions are advised. Please check current guidance on gov.uk Covid pages.
This guidance is subject to monitoring and review.
Your safety is our priority
We have put extra safety measures in place and ask that students read and understand the following:
- Frequent hand washing is essential to minimise the risk of infection
- Anti-bacterial spray, wipes, and gel are widely available across all our campuses for students and staff to use
- All students and staff should take home tests from college to test themselves twice a week
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms you should not attend college and should follow the usual absence reporting procedures
- Make sure you know how to access your college email account from outside college. If we need to make any changes, or temporarily close a campus or part of a campus for any reason, we will let all staff and students know through their college email account and on the alert banner at the top of the home page on this website
- Our current Covid Secure Risk Assessment below