Safeguarding at New City College
Safeguarding is about keeping our students safe, both inside and outside of college. New City College is committed to safeguarding and student safety.
If you are a New City College student and you feel unsafe or would like to tell us about a safeguarding concern:
- Speak to a safeguarding officer at your campus or any other member of staff.
- Or email: email@example.com
Please visit our Safeguarding page.
Staying safe online
Once you are a New City College student we will only email you on your college email account.
Keeping You Safe on Campus: Covid-19
We are committed to providing high standards of education and training in a safe environment for all of our students.
During the Covid pandemic, our aim has been to provide as normal a college experience as possible for staff and students, in line with Government guidance.
You must wear a face covering in classrooms, corridors and communal areas on campus, unless you are exempt.
Students must not come to college if they are self-isolating, if they have any Covid-19 symptoms or if they test positive. Students must complete this form to report a positive test result and/or isolation due to Covid. (You must be logged into your account to access the form)
Students are encouraged to self-test at home twice a week as this is the best way to keep themselves, friends, family, and staff safe. Self-test lateral flow kits are available from all campus Receptions, Student Services, or Security officers, and you can pick test kits up near your home. To find a location, click here.
Your safety is our priority
We have put extra safety measures in place and ask that students read and understand the following:
- You must wear a face covering in corridors and communal areas on campus, unless you are exempt
- Frequent hand washing is essential to minimise the risk of infection
- Anti-bacterial spray, wipes, and gel are widely available across all our campuses for students and staff to use
- All students and staff should take home tests from college to test themselves twice a week
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms you should not attend college and should follow the usual absence reporting procedures
- Make sure you know how to access your college email account from outside college. If we need to make any changes, or temporarily close a campus or part of a campus for any reason, we will let all staff and students know through their college email account and on the alert banner at the top of the home page on this website