The Digital Games Production Extended Certificate is a vocational qualification taken over two years which is equivalent to a single A Levels. The course is suitable for students who have a strong interest in a career in the ever-growing Interactive Entertainment Industry. It will develop skills in game concept design, developing coding knowledge and construction of interactive games. The course will also develop critical thinking skills and knowledge of the gaming industry. It is not a suitable course for those students just interested in playing computer games.
The aim of this exciting and engaging course is to develop the skills of those students who specifically want to work towards a career in the gaming industry Ã¢â‚¬â€œ sometimes known as the Interactive Entertainment Industry. There are a huge variety of jobs and disciplines available and the industry itself could be worth in excess of 100 billion dollars by the time current students enter the job market as graduates.
You can expect to:
- Produce different games with comprehensive planning documents
- Produce reports related to the gaming and entertainment industry
- Participate in group and independent work
- Develop analytical skills and an awareness of contemporary issues, including equality and diversity
- Develop transferrable skills such as creative thinking, literacy and numeracy
- Critically engage with a rapidly changing and vibrant industry
The course is the equivalent to a single A level and can be combined with other courses. Further guidance and advice will be given at your interview.