You will gain a basic understanding of the components required for physical activity. You will be able to take this knowledge onto a level 2 qualification or start work within a sports centre as a recreation assistant.
• Structure of the human body in relation to fitness
• Using a personal fitness program (frequency, intensity, time etc)
• The role of a fitness instructor
• An introduction to the industry
• Basic principles of leading an exercise session safely
• The benefits of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle
On completion of this level 1 course you will be able to apply for entry level roles within the sports sector.
To attend this course you must:
• Be 19+
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Have lived in the UK for the last three years
• Be claiming work-related benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance or Housing Benefit
• Pass a short assessment for English and Maths