This course includes how to support the wellbeing of a child or young person and child and young person development. It is aimed at a broad range of people who are thinking about working in a school setting. This is a knowledge only qualification; you do not need to be working or undertake practical placements.
This qualification will be internally assessed using a range of methods, which could include written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams, or setting up an information board.
• Understanding schools as organisations
• Understanding how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well
• Understanding how to communicate with children, young people and adults
• Safeguarding & Prevent
• Employability/digital skills
• Data protection
Successful completion of this qualification will allow you to progress on to the Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Certificate Level 2.
To attend this course you must:
• Be 19+
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Have lived in the UK for the last three years
• Be claiming work-related benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance or Housing Benefit
• Pass a short assessment for English and Maths