UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design (Motion Graphics and Concept Art)
Suitable for students who wish to further explore and extend their interest in Motion graphics and or Concept art, through a professional learning environment. This is the opportunity to develop your professional specialism and begin to find your future pathway for employment or further study. You have the option of choosing one of two pathways.
Pathway 1 Motion Graphics
Motion graphics are now an integral part of all of our lives, from movie title sequences and instagram stories to fine art installations and concerts. This course will give you a insight into the skills, techniques and process behind a range of motion graphics contexts.
Pathway 2 Concept Art
From games design to TV to theatre to name but a few. If you want to design the amazing visuals, characters, and environments of the games and shows you love, this course will give you the skills you need to start your career in concept art.
The Level 3 extended Diploma program is designed to get you ready for employment or higher education.
- You will study the motion graphics and concept art course over 3 days every week.
- Your projects may include Animation, VFX, Animatics, Digital Design, Illustration, Character and Environment design and Digital Modelling.
- There are clear opportunities for progression into employment and higher education through UCAS.
- You will become a member of Blueorange. A learning company built across all NCC sites working with live client briefs completing industry standard projects.
- You will work with specialist staff in specialist facilities in our Blueorange studios, as well as having a personal tutor to help with all pastoral needs.
- While working in our Blue Orange Shoreditch studios, you will focus on the creative and practical skills required to work within the creative industries.
- You will produce a portfolio of work and
- gain the opportunity to work with live client briefs. This will be your first real taste of what creative industries look like.
- To support the course you will visit galleries, exhibitions and creative festivals that will be integrated into course structure.
- You will be required to maintain a visual blog of your working process and findings using an online digital portfolio platform.
- You will improve and develop a range of innovative techniques, methods, and processes required to succeed in a career in motion graphics or concept art in the Creative industries.
- On this course you will learn to use Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, Microsoft Office, Unity and other industry standard tools.
You can go onto further study at University or explore employment in the creative industries.Subject: Art, Design and Media
Qualification Type: Certificate
Study Location: Hackney Campus
Provide a portfolio of your previous projects you have completed. This can either be a hard copy or a digital portfolio, or links to content online, 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English language and Maths at grade 4. Progression from level 2 at Merit or Distinction and Level 2 Functional Skills.Where does it lead:
There are opportunities for progression into employment and further education.
Careers can include:
- Digital interactive media
- Corporate video
- Digital advertising
- Creative direction
- Concept artist
- Games artist
- Character artist
- Environment artist
- Brand design
- Promotion design
- Film, broadcast and online title sequence design
- Online, broadcast and corporate information design
Who is the course available for: 16-18