- Determines and periodically reviews the educational character and mission of the institution and oversees its activities.
- Approves the Colleges quality strategy
- Ensures the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the College, and safeguards its assets.
- Approves annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Has responsibility for the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Director of Governance; and sets a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation is accountable to the Education and Skills Funding Agency for the use of public funds and has ultimate responsibility for the College’s management and administration.