Business students had a recent trip to Skills London UK which is the largest careers fair for 16-24 year olds held at the Excel Centre. BTEC Business students across all levels visited the event with their curriculum manager and teacher Evelyn Chronicle, who organised the experience, and their other teachers Farhana Begum and Klaudia Ferando.
The trip gave students an insight into different progression options as they were able to speak to providers from different universities as well as Apprenticeship providers. They also got an insight into different career options as they engaged with employers and gathered information to use in assignments. A real highlight of the day was getting a talk from the event organisers themselves! Students heard first hand about the skills needed as an events organiser and the planning and considerations that must be taken into an account for a successful event. The level 3 business students will draw on this information when developing assignments for their Events Management unit.
Students found the trip beneficial and said:
- “ It was really good to learn something new outside my normal lesson”
- “ It was useful to hear about how to manage and plan for events from people who do it”
- “ I can definitely use the information from the talk in my assignments”
- “ I liked going out with my classmates and meeting other students from the other courses”
- “ Me and my classmates found it useful to know what different degrees the various universities offer”
- “ It made me want to learn more about apprenticeship as it sounds good to do when I finish”