This qualification develops a basic knowledge of the adult social care sector. It covers the type of job roles and services within it, the role of communication and the importance of valuing the individuals being cared for.
• Introduction to the adult social care sector
• Values and principles of adult social care
• Skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
• Communication in adult social care
• Roles and responsibilities
Allows progression onto the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care or other programmes i.e. apprenticeships.
To attend this course you must:
• Be 19+
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Have lived in the UK for the last three years
• Be claiming work-related benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance or Housing Benefit
• Pass a short assessment for English and Maths