The Uniformed Public Services courses are designed to make you a more attractive candidate for employment in many of the uniformed public services such as the Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance Service, British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, or Prison Service.
The course will help you to look past the initial marketing and enable you to make informed decisions about your future career choices. You will study academic topics related to multi agency working, leadership, discipline, accountability, criminology and current affairs.
At the end of this course you can apply to university or to meet the entry requirements of the Metropolitan Police.
Key topics include:
- behaviour and discipline in the uniformed protective services
- teamwork, leadership and communication
- citizenship and diversity
- physical preparation, health and wellbeing
- outdoor and adventurous expedition skills
- government, policies and the public services
- responding to emergency service incidents
Classroom sessions make up approximately 80% of your timetable. This could be formal lectures, workshops, taking notes, discussions, individual research, or coursework. We include as much practical activity as we can, and this could be fitness training, sports activities, or practical activities such as navigation exercises.
You may have the opportunity to take part in residential trips including an our overnight camp. You may also have a course specific residential trips each year that can last up to a week.