You will be expected to be working in the construction industry or have relevant experience.
This City and Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the current IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671 2018 requirements for electrical installations. Course Learning Areas:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671: 2018
- Electrical definitions
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical testing and inspection
- Specialist installations or locations
- Use of information within the BS7671 2018 appendices
Assessment includes a 2 hour on-line multi-choice examination including:
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire-installation of arc fault detection devices
- Protection against transient over voltage
All theory is supported by a computer based learning platform which can be accessed via a smartphone, computer or tablet. This platform contains all the course materials required for the course and fully supports students by providing an interactive learning program for the whole course.