If you own a company or if you work in HR or operations you've probably thought about hiring an apprentice. You may already have one or more apprentices in your team.
New City College Apprenticeship Partnership With KPMG
New City College is the largest college group in East London. We offer a wide range of apprenticeship training opportunities to enable employers to either upskill their existing staff or recruit and train new apprentices into roles in their companies.
As one of the country’s largest college groups we have a wealth of skills and experience to draw on in order to ensure our service is second to none.
The NCC Group consists of 5 colleges located in East London an Essex: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge and Havering with 6 form colleges in both Redbridge and Havering. We are therefore able to meet the need of employers looking to build and develop their workforce.
In addition, should you have a specific need, we are able to also discuss and work out how best to provide the training you are looking for.
What is an apprentice?
An apprentice is a member of staff who is being trained to work to your standards and develop relevant skills for their specific role in your company. They will attend college mainly on a weekly day release and be work based for the remainder of the week. You will have the opportunity to support them in their development to become a valued member of your staffing team.
They will remain as an employee for the duration of their apprenticeship which can be from 12 months through to 5 years, depending on the qualification and level they are studying
How is an apprenticeship funded?
The funding for an apprenticeship training is met by:-
- If you are a large employer, ie your annual salary budget exceeds £3m per year you will be paying into the government levy budget and the costs for all apprenticeship training will be deducted from your budget
- If you are a small/medium employer the apprenticeship training will be met by the government, with you contributing 5% of the overall training costs.
We will discuss all options available to you to cover the training costs during our initial meeting
What sectors do we offer apprenticeship training?
Our apprenticeship training programme cover a range of occupations:
Business and administration, Accountancy, Creative, Construction, Engineering, IT, Health and social care, Hospitality, Teaching & Training. We offer training from Intermediate (level 2) through to Advanced (level 3) and Higher (level 4). We can also work with you to discuss and develop additional training programmes to meet your needs
How do you recruit an apprentice?
NCC works closely with employers to place apprentices which meet their specific needs. We establish a relationship whereby we understand the employers’ businesses and are able to select candidates who we know will be a good fit as an apprentice.
We offer a free service to recruit an apprentice for your organisation:-
- A member of staff from our dedicated team will be assigned to work with you and establish the priorities for your apprenticeship opportunity. This could include upskilling existing staff or recruiting apprentices
- Create a bespoke vacancy advert and target suitable candidates who we screen to ensure they are a good fit, before recommending them to you for interview
- Keep you fully updated on your Apprentices’ progress
How does an apprenticeship work?
An apprentice is a member of your team. So recruiting an apprentice is a lot like recruiting a new member of staff. The difference is that they learn and grow with your company. They develop the on-the-job skills that you need, and they get a qualification that's relevant to them and to your business. They will attend college, usually one day a week, alongside their work.
Large companies pay an apprenticeship levy which you can then use to train an apprentice; and smaller companies get government funding support to cover most of the training costs. We will explain all of this to you.
Why choose New City College as your apprenticeship partner?
We have a dedicated team of professionals to work with you every step of the way. We'll make sure that your apprentice suits your business needs and that you and your apprentice get the support you both need.
Whatever the size of your business, we will work with you to identify where an apprentice can fit into your company, draw up the job description, recruit the right candidate and support them while they work with you. We will also deliver the training as well as maths and English support that they may need to achieve their qualification.
Most employers that we work with are so happy with their apprentices, they give them a permanent contract when they've completed their apprenticeship. Our apprentices are skilled and they're ready for the work they need to do to help you to grow your business.
We can also provide training to existing staff to improve and extend their skills and qualifications to meet new and emerging business needs.
New City College is one of the country's largest college groups. Our teachers and trainers are second to none and we have access to a diverse and talented pool of potential recruits to give your business a fresh, new approach.
How New City College will support you:
We offer the following support for your company to hire your next apprentice and make sure the apprenticeship is a success for you and your new recruit.
- Provide a dedicated team of staff as point of contact throughout the process
- Meet with you and discuss the skills you need for your company
- Identify apprenticeships opportunities within your business
- Review your current training budget to map your training plans into Apprenticeship Frameworks and Standards
- Source all eligible funding to support the training
- Promote current and new apprenticeship vacancies on your behalf
- Give you full and regular feedback on your Apprentices’ progress
- Arrange on-site visits by our assessors
- Keep track of the apprenticeship making sure that all milestones and target dates are met.
Key FAQS for Employers (Link opens in a new page)
The apprenticeships we offer
We are proud to say that we don't offer every single apprenticeship in every single sector (like some training providers claim to do). We make sure that the apprenticeships we offer are those that we deliver brilliantly.
Interested? Get in touch!
For more information please contact
New City College