We have a range of services for students experiencing mental health difficulties and some support is also available outside of the college day.
If you are struggling with your mental health and would like to speak to someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist advisers will be in touch.
Alternatively, you can check out our Mental Health & Wellbeing VLE Page for more information, advice, and resources on managing your mental health and well-being on a daily basis.
The support we offer includes:
- A confidential chat with a specialist mental health adviser
- Exploring reasonable adjustments
- Regular support throughout a student’s college journey
- Liaising and consulting with relevant college staff/external agencies
- Information and access to local mental health services
- Developing strategies to manage the demands of college life
- Sessions with a college counsellor (up to 6) or referral to external counselling services.
Counselling helps you address personal or emotional problems that get in the way of realising your full academic and personal potential. Our college counsellors provide practical therapeutic interventions (talking therapies) and give you a confidential space to talk about your feelings.
If you need support outside of college hours you can access support from Togetherall. To join, simply go to Togetherall and sign up under ‘organisation’ with your academic e-mail address.
If you are in a crisis here are some other contacts you may find useful:
- If you feel your life is in danger, call 999
- Saneline 0300 304 7000
- Samaritans 116 123
- Young Minds Crisis Text Line 85258
- Childline 0800 1111
To book an appointment with the Mental Health & Wellbeing Team, contact email@example.com