GCSE Average Points Score: 3.5, Grade 4 English Language GCSE, Grade 4 Maths GCSE, 5 GCSEs at Grade 4
Esports is organised, competitive, human-versus-human video-gaming where people play against each other online and at live spectator events. Esports is played by both amateurs and professionals and is open to all, regardless of gender, physical or mental ability.
Esports is already massively popular with young people, mainly under-35s, and there is a significant established and growing worldwide industry attached to esports. Increasingly more young people are finding lucrative and fulfilling work in this sector.
At NCC our focus is on the technical aspects of esports. Our pathway focusses on the digital skills associated with professional esports play and with professional esports technical roles. There is significant crossover between the two.
You can study the following pathways:
- Esports player, with this extending to coach, team manager and associated business roles managing a team of players and a brand
- Broadcast technician, which includes both online broadcast and content creation, such as social, shoutcasts, marketing, and events such as livestreaming and the technical hardware set-ups for tournaments and other live events.
Students will leave the programme with a marketable set of digital skills, regardless of their choice to enter a performance role associated with gameplay or a technical role supporting the gameplay industry.
The programme is delivered in our state-of-the-art digital content creation and live tournament space.
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Live Stream Broadcasting
- Producing an Esports Brand
- Business Applications of eSports in Social Media