This full-time one-year advanced level course is perfect for those who have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in Professional Cookery, or who are already working in the hospitality and Catering industry.
This course takes good cooks on the path to becoming great chefs. You may already have a solid grounding of culinary knowledge and a good level of technical skill, but the Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery will take your cooking to new heights, giving you the tools and the confidence to take the next big step in your culinary career.
You will learn new skills and techniques in preparing and producing dishes of every kind, including poultry and game, vegetarian cuisine, healthy eating, fish and shellfish, and meat. You will also learn about practical gastronomy and the exciting area of food development. As well as taking your culinary skills to the next level, this course will increase your knowledge of preparing and storing food safely, health and hygiene in a culinary environment, and how to effectively supervise others in the kitchen.
You will have the opportunity to have paid work in our award winning restaurant OKN1 or Rouge and work with our professional chefs on exciting outside catering events.
- maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- maintain the health, hygiene, safety, and security of the working environment
- prepare, cook and finish fish for complex dishes
- prepare, cook and finish meat for complex dishes
- prepare, cook and finish poultry for complex dishes
- prepare, cook and finish complex hot and cold sauces
- prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- prepare, cook and finish complex cakes sponges, biscuits, and scones