The BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling qualification aims to enable students to develop a seamless, yet fully aware and responsive approach to integrative counselling. The course provides an opportunity for you, as counselling students, to develop self-awareness and comprehensive counselling skills to practise competently as counsellors, helping vulnerable people in the community.
The Integrative Counselling programme responds to the changing climate of the counselling and psychology profession and the external environment. Many counsellors and therapists are drawn to a particular theoretical school of counselling as it reflects both personal and professional aspects of their own lives. Therefore, studying different approaches enables students to have the opportunity to discover which theoretical orientation they feel most affinity with.
On the BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling programme your study will be closely linked to your experience in the workplace. This is a classroom-based course incorporating a work placement.
You will study a selection of modules over the three years:
- Context of theory in Integrative Counselling 30 credits
- Counselling skills practice 30 credits
- Preparing to work in a diverse society 30 credits
- Readiness for Personal and Professional Practice 15 credits
- Development in the Human Lifespan 15 credits
- Application of theory in Integrative Counselling 30 credits
- Working in a diverse society 30 credits
- Client work 1 30 credits
- Exploring research 15 credits
- Ethics and professional practice 15 credits
- Counselling Evolution 15 credit
- Client work 2 15 credits
- Engaging with mental health issues 30 credits
- Counselling in a diverse society 15 credits
- Research project 45 credits
For full-time students, the course is studied over a period of three years. Attendance is two days per week plus completion of 150 client hours and completion of 60 hours of personal counselling. The course will take place at our Ardleigh Green campus.
This course is validated by Bath Spa University
Visit DiscoverUni for more information.