You will gain all the skills needed to become a fully qualified gym instructor. A mix of written and practical skills will empower you with all the knowledge needed to enter the leisure sector.
• Anatomy and physiology (circulatory, respiratory, skeletal, nervous and energy systems)
• How to maintain health, safety and welfare in the gym
• Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
• Programming safe and effective exercises for a range of clients
• Healthy eating habits
• Effective communication
• Skills and knowledge required to prepare exercise regimes
This will enable you to work in any gym within the UK or europe.
To attend this course you must:
• Be 19+
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Have lived in the UK for the last three years
• Be claiming work-related benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance or Housing Benefit
• Pass a short assessment for English and Maths