As well as getting an introduction to the trades you will learn about working with employers to maximise your employability opportunities.
• City & Guilds Entry Level 3 Construction qualification (learn the basics of bricklaying, carpentry and health & safety)
• A maths qualification to help you getting into construction (if required)
• Employability skills
• Interaction with employers
• On successful completion of the course you will have the opportunity to take the Health & Safety assessment and sit the online test for your CSCS card. This card is required for all works carried out on site. The cost of the training, first online test and CSCS card will be covered by the college
Duration: 4 weeks, 3 days per week
Employment, an apprenticeship or the opportunity to join one of our full-time courses.
To attend this course you must:
• Be 19+
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Have lived in the UK for the last three years
• Be claiming work-related benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance or Housing Benefit
• Pass a short assessment for English and Maths