The course consists of five mandatory units. The following units are designed to develop your existing experience and understanding and will support you in developing counselling skills and knowledge.
The units are:
- Developing counselling skills (12 credits)
- Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills (10 credits)
- Working ethically with counselling skills (6 credits)
- Counselling skills and diversity (6 credits)
- Counselling skills and personal development (6 credits)
You will identify, practice and develop a range of interpersonal and counselling skills and have an opportunity to understand and evaluate key elements of the main theoretical approaches to counselling.
You will understand the context within which counselling skills and referral processes can be used whilst maintaining ethical standards and you will understand the implications of applying counselling skills in a diverse society.
The qualification also provides you with the opportunity to reflect on your personal development and the way in which you interact with others.